Live at Durty Nellies in Palatine
Our Sponsors Rock
About Rock On Palatine
The Rock on Palatine Singing Contest was established in 2015 by Palatine-based businesses JP Wood Martial Arts America and Vicarious Productions. The goal behind this competition is to cast a spotlight on local talent, by allowing contestants to show off their singing skills during the competition and be given a chance to be named the contest winner in different age categories! Spectators: Admission is FREE, and spectators are encouraged to attend and cheer on their favorite singer. Durty Nellie’s will provide a special event menu for those in attendance.
Contestants will compete in three age categories, ages 6-12, 13-17 and 18 and older. Registration is $25 per contestant, and can be paid for by credit card online (hyperlink), or by check (checks made payable to JP Wood Martial Arts, mailed to or dropped off at 249 E. Northwest Highway, Palatine, Illinois 60067) no later than November 1, 2017.
If enough individuals register in any of the categories, a preliminary round will be held on Sunday, November 5 from 10:00 a.m. until noon. Those who register must be able to attend the preliminary round in order to participate. The Rock on Palatine Singing Contest will be held on Sunday, November 12 from 2:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m., where contestants will compete on the Durty Nellie’s Main Stage in each category. Awards include:
- First Place $100, a trophy, and a certificate
- Second Place $50, a second-place medal and a certificate
- Third Place Third-place medal and certificate.
- Competitors under 18 years of age must have parental consent and fill out the parental consent form to register.
- Soloists only, a maximum four minutes to perform.
- Contestants must be a resident of one of the following communities: Palatine, Arlington Heights, Barrington, Buffalo Grove, Deer Park, Hawthorn Woods, Hoffman Estates, Inverness, Kildeer, Lake Zurich, Long Grove, Mount Prospect, Rolling Meadows, Schaumburg, or Streamwood.
- All songs and performances must be appropriate for family entertainment.
- Participants will be judged on tone, pitch, rhythm, expression, timing and stage presentation by a panel of judges who will decide the winners in each category.
- Contestants can sing a cappella, with background music (mp3, mp4 or wav) or live instrument (guitar, keyboard) played by contestant or another person. All background music must be submitted in advance. Drums or piano accompaniment will not be permitted.
- Contestants will be notified if a preliminary competition round will be held by November 2, 2017.
|Adults||18 and older|